the post will now be for 15 weeks (early June to mid September) and at a cost of approx £2,900 inc on costs.
All enquiries please to Goole Pride email : email@example.com
|Post Title: Goole Pride Event Organiser
|Post: £29,291 pro rata Fixed fee £2,283 based on 10 hrs per week for 15 weeks at £15.22 per hour
|Hours: 10 hours per week June to mid of Sept (15 weeks)
|RESPONSIBLE TO: Chair & Young People of Goole Pride
|RESPONSIBLE FOR: Delivery of the 2023 Goole Pride Event
The first ever Goole Pride held in August 2022 was a tremendous success with over 400 people attending. In order to take the event to the next level the young people of Goole Pride, with the Support of Goole Youth Action, East Riding of Yorkshire Council & Partners, would like to appoint an Event Organiser to be responsible for 2023 event.
Purpose of Job
The Goole Pride Event Organiser will the oversee all matters pertaining to the Goole Pride 2023 event. Working closely with the Goole Pride Youth Group & Goole Pride Working group you will use your expertise, knowledge and skills to ensure effective organisation and delivery of the event in accordance with the aims and objectives of the young People’s Goole Pride group.
The role will include liaison with other key agencies both voluntary and statutory sector including: Humberside Police, Goole Town Council, Fire & Rescue Service, ERYC’s Youth and Family Support (YFS) Service, Health & Well-being Service, Events Team, Regeneration Team, Hull & Bridlington Pride.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Attend & Work with the Goole Pride Working group & Goole Pride Youth Group on all matters relating to the 2023 event.
- Responsible for raising sponsorship/ funding for the 2023 event
- Monitoring and recording of outcomes including: attendee satisfaction, partner views, impact and attendances.
- Produce an Event Action Plan and ensure its delivery on-time & in budgets Plan
- Budgeting and financial elements of the Event, invoicing, payments to performers etc.
- All publicity prior and also on the day of the event to ensure maximum publicity including press releases, event launch, press, tv and radio liaison
- Staging of the event with support from partners including; Stage, PA system, MC, performers, schedule, and crowd control
- All Health & Safety matters, including: Parade, Staging, Stalls, Crowd & Traffic management, stewards, volunteers.
- All aspects of stalls and sellers wanting to be involved in Goole Pride 2023 including: fees, layout, erection and dismantling of stalls/gazebos,
- Oversee all GYA social media platforms and on-line content including: website, facebook, twitter, tik-tok and instagram in close liaison with young people from Goole Pride
- Help ensure that young people are safe and follow agreed procedures where it is necessary to make safeguarding arrangements or child protection referrals
The post holder is expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals and organisations in order to ensure that Goole Youth Action is able to collaborate with others to deliver effective and good quality youth work. In particular, the post holder will need to have positive relationships with the following:
- Internal – colleagues, partners and supporters of Goole Pride 2023 and young people of Goole Pride
- External – Police, Fire & Rescue Service, Goole Town Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council officers & members and voluntary sector youth partners in Goole & Old Goole, Hull Pride.
Responsibility for staff and resources
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Management of the Event budgets
- Maximising the funding available for Goole Pride 2023 through sponsorship, funding bids and fees from stall holders.
The post will mainly be home based but will attend all Goole pride meetings leading up to the event, including the event and following the event for evaluation
The post holder’s working hours will be 10 hours per week.
- It is essential that the post-holder can travel independently within the Goole area.
It is an essential requirement that staff are aware of the safeguarding procedures for sharing information about the welfare of any person for whom they have safeguarding concerns.
- It is a requirement that the post holder obtain a satisfactory DBS certificate.
- The post holder will be expected to adhere to equalities and diversity legislation and national health & safety policies and practices.
- The post holder will need the personal resources to work within a demanding environment and to support staff to do likewise.