The YWU is a membership body and organisations across our region take out membership of the YWU, which costs them just £90.
Current YWU members range from local youth delivery organisations working directly with young people in the voluntary, local authorities, faith, community and private sectors.
We also have members from various local and regional organisations with a specific focus such as Youth Voice, LGBTQ work, faith based youth work etc. All of the regional youth work training institutions are members and several providers of introductory and youth support worker training. We also have members who are networking infrastructure and support bodies.
With the increased pressure on resources the YWU has been forced to focus our services on members, with non-members having only limited access and paying higher fees for events, training, consultancy etc. Additionally, YWU members receive the YWU’s Annual Report of Activities and have voting rights at AGMs etc.
Benefits of Membership include access to :
- Youth work expertise, advice, guidance and in-depth regional knowledge
- In the Loop fortnightly information bulletins, with free job and event notification
- Annual conference, themed workshops, practice sharing events, CPD and consultancy support at reduced rates
- Youth Voice Y&H young people led work and campaigning
- Reduced rates at events, training and for consultancy support
- Receipt of annual report, voting rights at AGMs and able to become a Trustee