The YWU – Y&H is a member of the Network of Regional Youth Work Units England. NRYWUE was established in 2008, and is made up of six Regional Youth Work Units in the south west, west midlands, London, North East, North West and Yorkshire and the Humber.
The purpose of the Network is to:
- Support and strengthen the capacity of individual youth work units, and promote the development of best practice amongst YWUs in all English regions
- Enable YWUs to work collaboratively on youth work practice, and services to young people in the regions, without compromising the independence of individual units
- Provide a national voice for YWUs and ensure that YWUs play an active role in debates and consultations on national youth policy developments affecting youth work and young people
- Identify potential opportunities for collaboration between YWUs in securing national and European funding for regional developments
- Increase the opportunities for young people’s voice and influence in youth policy development, cross-regionally, nationally and internationally
- Organise and/or co-ordinate joint activities/events with YWUs and other partners on specific issues relating to the enhancement of youth work practice
- Regularly review the working arrangements of the network.
To learn more about the other youth work units please click below
Regional Youth Work Unit North East https://www.rywu.org.uk
Regional Youth Work Unit North West https://www.nwrywu.org.uk
Partnership for Young Londonhttps://www.partnershipforyounglondon.org.uk
Youth Focus West Midlands https://www.yfwm.org.uk
Regional Youth Work Unit South West https://www.learning-southwest.org.uk/page/_118
And to see NRYWUE -Blog Name: Network of Regional Youth Work Units England